Responsibilities of each gardener: The downloadable forms are on line and it is $25. Per plot 2015.
- Maintain your plot or plots with growing fruits, vegetables or flowers. Keep your weeds below 1 foot. Your weeds will affect your neighbor’s plots and also will give coverage for voles to live. Please keep them to a minimum.
- Keep your pathways (mulch or stone) that are adjacent to your plot, clear of any weeds.
- Give 5 hours of community service per plot per year. If you have one plot that would be 5 hours. 2 plots that would be 10 hours. 3 plots that would be 15 hours. 4 plots that would be 20 hours. 4 plots are our maximum per family starting in 2015. Community service hours would include our opening work day, closing work day, meetings, community work nights/mornings , and individual jobs that maintain the entire grounds. Please keep records of this and keep in communication about these activities. We are all responsible for maintaining the complete garden.
- Security week. Each gardener will be sure that the garden is locked up at dusk for a week each growing season. We will assign weeks, but if you are unavailable that week, let us know well in advance and we will switch your week.
- Clear your plot at the end of the growing season completely and plant a cover crop to hold down the nutrients in your garden so it is ready for the next year’s growing season.
- Follow the garden rules (on the forms page) to be sure that our garden stays friendly and welcoming.
If you are a returning gardener these responsibilities need to be completed before being able to sign up for the following year. We will be signing up in person with a plot committee at our once a month meetings and at the end of the year clean-up morning . We will not be reserving any plots.
If you are a new gardener, we will go over what community gardening entails. Please ask any questions.